Home » Flood Insurance

Flood Insurance

Who Needs Flood Insurance?

Many homeowners must buy flood insurance if they live in a designated high-risk flood zone or have a mortgage backed by a federally insured lender.

Some lenders may require their mortgage holders to purchase flood insurance regardless of living in a high-risk zone. In addition, coverage is necessary if you live in a high-risk flood zone and have ever received disaster assistance through FEMA or the U.S. Small Business Administration.

If you live in a flood-prone area, your home faces a substantial risk of property damage due to flooding. And while standard home insurance might provide coverage for household water damage resulting from a burst pipe or similar incident, your home insurance won’t cover damage caused by floods. Depending on your home’s location, your need for flood insurance could be significant. Contact our agency today to discuss your flood insurance needs and go over the flood insurance options you may qualify for.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

©2024. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites